A couple weeks ago, I shared with you my goal for 2012. Simplify my life. That includes getting organized and taking on big projects that will make my life easier in the long run. It’s part of my Simplify Challenge
I’ve made a few changes in my creative space since the last picture I showed you. Whether they are for the better or not has yet to be determined. Since I love a good before and after but don’t have one, you get a before and progess
- Picture from Christmas 2010 of Beau, Bella and Brady with Santa Claus
- A scale that I bought at a garage sale (from my grandma) all because I saw some pictures that my friend Kristen took of her youngest sitting on a scale
- Scrapbook paper that I tried to sell at a garage sale – thinking that needs to go on ebay
- A mini rose plant from my parents that didn’t survive (sad face)
- Fabric all set to make pillows for our deck chairs
- A cross stitch stocking that I’m working on for Michael and I. When I say working on, I mean that I started them right after we got married…nine years ago. Fail.
- My cake boards…need to remember to give one of those to Jenna
- Most of my cake decorating stuff lives in that tub
- A doll bed made by my grandpa and the quilt was made by my grandma. Bella and Bristol lay in it sometimes when I’m in here sewing
- A birdhouse that I got from my SIL’s mom. I think it’s going to get a paint job and then I’ll use it for ink pad storage
- Towels for a project that I’ll share with you later this week
- Tulle that is in a pile because I had to make a “filter” for our carpet cleaner
- Placemat from Pier 1 that I turned into a picture holder but haven’t hung up in this house yet
- My Cricut machine – I need to use that more
- Soap for another ORBed soap dispenser…a springy one perhaps
- Shelves that I made to store paper and and scrapbooking stuff…I didn’t make enough of them
- The frames turned dry erase boards that still have not found a place on the wall
- Water globes that, had they not been in the box, may have helped my mini rose plant
- A thread rack that I hung on the wall. You can’t see it from here, but it’s all pretty and color coordinated and I sat down one day and wound a bobbin for each color of thread I have. Yay me!
- A sheet. I really have problems with curtains. This past summer when it was sweltering outside I tried to open that window (no a/c in this room) and instead put my hand through it. Now that the wind is blowing it was getting really cold in there so I hung up a sheet. Better than nothing…I guess
- One of my Ikea lamps that was supposed to go in the bedroom and still might
- My sewing table. Also difficult to see in this picture, but it’s an old Singer sewing machine and table. It used to be my grandmas and my mom and McDad took the bottom and had it sandblasted and powder coated and put the top back on. I love it! I’ll be restoring the top sometime too.
- My sewing chair that I got at Goodwill for less than $3. Still looking for a great fabric to recover the seat with.
- My knitting basket that was a gift from my brother one Christmas. Bella and Bristol also lay in it sometimes
- Three picture frames that say Family on them…one for each of our families. I’m pretty sure that I’ve had them for 5 years or more. Should probably fill them and get them up on the wall
- Fabric that has no home. I really really need to find a home for all of that.
- My froggy scent warmer filled with pear cider or something like that
At least I feel like my sewing corner is somewhat organized. Next step is going to be to clear off the table…or build the storage. Seesh, I don’t know. I think this project might take me the whole year to simplify. Maybe I need to break this down into 11 goals and do one each month. Don’t forget to check out the rest of the “Get your Crap Together” spaces over on Lovely Crafty Home.