Do you ever feel like you have about 27 projects going all at once? You’ve started them all, but can’t seem to find the time to even finish one? That’s where I’m at right now. I’m a multi-tasker, but some of these projects were stirring in my brain six months ago, so the fact that they still aren’t finished aggravates me.
My current to do list:
- I can’t wait to have the sideboard in the entry room finished. I still haven’t convinced the hubs to let me paint it. I think I’m going to have to strike a deal with him. I paint it and if after a month he still doesn’t like it, I’ll paint it back (which would make me incredibly sad BTW)
- Paint the deck chair that y’all picked the color for…waaaaay back in September. I have the paint, it just hasn’t made it’s way onto the chair. Notice the date I bought the paint? Waaaaay back in September
- Build another deck chair so two people can sit on the deck at the same time instead of me sitting out there by myself with my laptop
- Make a table to go between the two chairs. I know I can’t do the plants just yet, but I feel like I should have the glass at least since I already have the pots.
- While perusing ReStore one day, I found some shutters. They could end up like this
or like this
- I’m fairly certain I want to do a banquette on our three seasons porch. This is odd for me. I don’t like banquettes. Maybe it’s the claustrophobic in me that is afraid to be blocked in or my fear that Johnny won’t come and get Baby out of the corner. Whatever it is, I was surprised when I found myself considering this. We already have sectional pieces a-la- Ana White. We would need more pieces and we have to build a “platform” for them to sit on and raise them to chair height. Maybe a table made from an old door that is sitting in the loft above the garage. The prospect of having room to seat 8 people on the three seasons porch and keep bugs out of our food at barbeques makes me more than a little happy.
That’s the short list too. The hubs has been busy working on some electronic stuff and building a couple computers. We also have a restoration project that we are working on with my dad. In the midst of all this, I was able to find a few hours on a Wednesday night to have some quality time with my mom, a couple glue guns and this pile of stuff
Tutorial tomorrow? Should probably start writing it…there were a lot of steps. Including driving to the craft store because I forget things and grabbing a couple cups of coffee. End result: totally worth it. I can’t wait to show y’all…tomorrow!