Our main bathroom is on the second floor of the house. You see it right when you turn the corner upstairs and since the door is usually open and we would use it most often, it had to be pretty (or prettier) right away. So on the to do list, this was one of the first things to tackle.
Behind the door is the toilet – sorry about the open toilet picture
A better shot of the shower curtain (in the mirror) and the awkward towel bar and the uber long countertop
Inside the shower…just warning you, it’s gross
Time to make myself feel better with a list
- Scrubbed the whole entire bathroom like you would not believe
- Took down the brassy towel bar that hung 8 inches from the coutnertop
- Painted the walls in Sherwin-Williams Bamboo Shoot (this post)
- Switched out the shower curtain to one that both the hubs and I love…not an easy task
- Got new sagey bath mats (post here)
- Defolded the bi-fold door to add some storage to the door (this post)
- Removed the strange little shelf that was next to the counter when you walked in the door
- Recaulked every seam in the tub and added something to cover up the edges
- Took the snazzy mirrors off the wall by the toilet so it wasn’t so…creepy
And now for some progress pictures.
Here’s the shelf on the no longer bi-fold door (plans from Ana White)
The toilet nook without mirrors on the wall and a closed lid. Finding something to hide the hubs’ magazines is pretty high on the priority list too.
Oh and the shower, can’t forget to show you the shower. So much better even if the color is off a little bit.
Plans for this room include new floor tile, a claw foot tub, double sinks (!), new mirrors and I really would like to move a new washer and dryer into this room too, but I’ll admit that’s a point of debate in our house. Oh boy, do I have plans…just look at my For the Home – Bathrooms board on Pinterest. I’ve also started an ever evolving moodboard for it on Olioboard.